Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 at 09:57 AM

Tranmere had to settle for a point from a 1-1 draw against Forest Green Rovers. 
Gary Brabin was forced into three changes through injury. Steven Jennings, Liam Ridehalgh and Michael Higdon all missed out with Jay Harris, Gary Taylor-Fletcher and Matt Hill coming into the side. 
Jeff Hughes had the first chance of the game as he dragged a shot wide in the third minute. 
A minute later, Forest Green grabbed a goal as a long clearance was flicked on by Jon Parkin and Darren Carter picked up the ball and fired past Scott Davies. 
James Norwood forced Steve Arnold into a save at his near post before Steve McNulty headed a couple of Adam Mekki corners off target. 
McNulty and Gary Taylor-Fletcher both had shots towards goal which the Forest Green defence frantically cleared before the half-hour mark. 
It was a bitty final few minutes to the first half as Forest Green made things difficult for Rovers and broke down play as they took a 1-0 lead in at the break. 
Three minutes into the second half, Tranmere got an equaliser. Taylor-Fletcher played a lovely pass from the left to Jay Harris who burst into the box and slotted past Steve Arnold to make it 1-1. 
The crowd responded and the noise levels were increased as Rovers put the visitors under pressure following the goal. 
Forest Green were down to 10 men on 61 minutes when goalscorer Carter brought down Harris to stop the Tranmere player chasing back a counter attack. 
Norwood had a shot blocked out for a corner and the resultant set piece fell to McNulty 20 yards out but the central defender shot wide. 
Jack Mackreth was brought into the action 10 minutes before the end, replacing Jake Kirby who took a blow to the head earlier in the game. 
Taylor-Fletcher had a header which went onto the roof of the net as Tranmere couldn't find a winner and the spoils were shared. 

Tranmere: Davies, Vaughan, Ihiekwe, McNulty, Hill, Harris, Hughes, Mekki, Kirby (Mackreth 80), Taylor-Fletcher, Norwood. Substitutes: Turner, Riley, Maynard, Mackreth, Hogan.

Forest Green: Arnold, Jennings, Clough, Bennett, Wedgbury, Marsh-Brown (Williams 78), Frear (Kelly 84), Racine, Sinclair, Parkin (Moore 89), Carter. Substitutes: Pipe, Jefford.

Referee: John Busby   

Yellow cards: Bennett (12), Harris (25), Marsh Brown (39), Carter (44), Parkin (65), Vaughan (89) 
Red cards:  Carter (61) 
Goals: Harris (48); Carter (4) 
Attendance: 5073 (112)

    Latest Match Reports