The home of Tranmere Rovers...
The Move To Prenton Park 1912
Rovers moved to Prenton Park in 1912, with the first match being played against Lancaster Town in the Lancashire Combination. There were stands on both sides of the pitch, a paddock and three open terraces, the general format which remained until the redevelopment work in 1994.
Main stand, terracing & sports centre - 1968-79
By 1968, the Main Stand was in poor condition and in need of replacement. As a result, the existing Main Stand was erected. Six years later, the Sports Centre behind the Kop was opened, while in 1979, the terracing on the Cowshed and Paddock was concreted.
New main stand, suites & restaurant - 1988
Under the Chairmanship of Peter Johnson, the Tranmere Suite was added to the Main Stand in 1988, with the Dixie Dean Suite, Bunny Bell Bar and Dave Russell Restaurant added soon after.
Move to all seat stadia - 1994
But the biggest change of all began in 1994. With the Taylor Report forcing a move to all-seater stadia, work began at Prenton Park on the demolition of the Kop, Cowshed and Borough Road stands. In their place, three new stands were built to take the ground into its existing state, with the Borough Road Stand since being renamed the Johnny King Stand, after the late, great former Rovers manager.
Refurbishing & upgrading facilities - 2015
In the summer of 2015, work was undertaken to refurbish the hospitality suites within the Main Stand at Prenton Park to upgrade them to be facilities which can be used all year round. In addition, facilities for disabled supporters were improved with additional wheelchair bays put in place around the stadium and a platform lift to enable wheelchair users access to the Main Stand suites.