Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy tickets
01 December 2019 Venue Prenton Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Chichester City

29 November 2019

Setting the scene…

Tranmere Rovers’ Emirates FA Cup journey continues on Sunday, when Chichester City visit Prenton Park in the second-round of the competition, kick-off 3pm.

Micky Mellon’s men will be eyeing a place in the third-round for the second campaign in front of the BT Sport cameras.

They welcome a Chichester outfit, who compete in the Isthmian League South East Division, which is the eighth level of English football.

Managed by Miles Rutherford, the Sussex-based club have already played seven games to reach this stage, having began their cup campaign in August’s preliminary rounds which saw them earn a bye into the second-round.

Team news

Liam Ridehalgh and Neil Danns could both make a return following on from recent injuries.

Mark Ellis, Evan Gumbs, Ishmael Miller, Ollie Banks and Jordan Ponticelli are all on the sidelines.

Kane Wilson is suspended for the clash following his red card at Wycombe in the last round.

About Chichester City

In their current form, Chichester started life as a club after a merger with Portfield in 2000 following over 50-years playing in a former guise.

Chichester’s history since their reformation has seen them achieve success in the Non-Leagues of the South East, winning their first Sussex County League title in 2004, since 1980.

Back-to-back Brighton Charity Cup triumphs in 2005 and 2006 and their Sussex RUR Cup victory in 2007.

Current boss Rutherford was appointed as boss in 2015, and guided Chichester to a Southern Combination Premier Division title in 2018/19.


We want the SWA to Pack the Park when Chichester come to town this weekend.

Prices for this fixture are as follows: 

Adults: £10

Seniors 65+: £5

Young Persons: (18-22) £5

Disabled: £5

U18s: £1

Carers: FREE

Adults and Seniors, Young Persons and disabled increase by £3 on the day

Platinum, Gold and 135 Club season tickets do not apply for this game. Tickets will need to be purchased through the club shop.

Prices are as follows:

Platinum  Lounge - £25 for adults, £15 for U18s

Gold Lounge - £20 for adults, £15 for U18s

135 Club - £15 for adults, £10 for U18s

Past Meetings:

Tranmere Rovers and Chichester City will play each other for the first time in Sunday’s cup tie.

Match Coverage

The SWA can listen to uninterrupted match commentary of Tranmere Rovers’ home game with Chichester through an iFollow audio match pass.

Your TRFC Radio match day commentary team of Phill Wilkinson, Rob Edwards and Adam Siddorn will guide you through events at Prenton Park.

iFollow Tranmere is the only place you can listen to devoted TRFC coverage and if you sign-up, you can watch exclusive behind the scenes content, interviews and match highlights.

An audio match pass on iFollow costs just £2.50! To sign-up, CLICK HERE.

Alternatively, you can follow the action through our social media channels below, with full text coverage during the fixture, followed by a match report.

Twitter: @TranmereRovers

Facebook: @trfcofficial

Instagram: @tranmererovers


Did you know?

Chichester are the lowest ranked team left in this year’s Emirates FA Cup ahead of their trip to Prenton Park.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Tranmere 5-1 Chichester

1 December 2019

Morgan Ferrier’s 11-minute second-half hat-trick and Corey Blackett-Taylor’s double saw Tranmere Rovers reach the Emirates FA Cup third-round after a 5-1 victory over Chichester City at Prenton Park on Sunday.

Blackett-Taylor scored twice either side of Ferrier’s hat-trick to cap off a five-star second-half performance on a crisp winter afternoon on the Wirral.

Ryan Peake scored a consolation for Chichester in stoppage time when he flicked in from a corner.

Manager Micky Mellon made three changes to his side from last weekend’s game at Fleetwood Town, with Liam Ridehalgh, David Perkins and Blackett-Taylor all coming into the starting line-up.

Tranmere looked to threaten early on against their opponents from the Isthmian League South East Division, with Kieron Morris’ dangerous free-kick from the left just evaded Manny Monthe at the back post.

Miles Rutherford’s Sussex outfit went close inside ten minutes when Josh Clack’s cross from the right was met by Scott Jones, who guided a header just past Scott Davies’ post.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy dragged a low shot into the side-netting from outside the penalty area, while Morris’ bent effort was deflected around the post, as Rovers pushed for an opener.

On the half-hour, Blackett-Taylor spurned a chance after Morgan Ferrier fed a neat through ball to him, but with just goalkeeper Steven Mowthorpe to beat, the forward couldn’t keep his shot down.

With four minutes remaining in the first-half, Morris received the ball 25-yards from goal, though his left-footed strike was comfortable for Mowthorpe.

Mowthorpe was called into action again, superbly tipping over Hepburn-Murphy’s close-range header from Ridehalgh’s cross.

Connor Jennings replaced Hepburn-Murphy up-front as a half-time change, with Rovers looking to improve on their showing in the opening half of action.

The hosts began positively, and Ferrier teed up Blackett-Taylor, only for Corey Heath to block the shot.

Blackett-Taylor’s header was kept out, while up the other end, Davies was forced to parry Gicu Iordache’s dipping drive from range.

Blackett-Taylor opened the scoring for Tranmere on 62 minutes, tapping in from six-yards into an empty net after Ferrier’s header hit the crossbar from Jake Caprice’s cross.

And Tranmere extended their lead two minutes later when he raced clear on goal, and with only Mowthorpe to beat, he stroked right-footed, low into the bottom right-corner.

Ferrier scored his second and Rovers’ third of the tie after 71 minutes, latching onto Monthe’s pass to chip over the visitors’ stopper from 25-yards.

The forward grabbed his hat-trick with 75 minutes played, profiting from neat build-up play to divert Caprice’s fizzing cross over the line.

Blackett-Taylor thumped a volley which found the bottom left-corner to make it five after 85 minutes.

Substitute Peake scored a late header from Max Axell’s corner from the right, which beat Davies to find the bottom left-corner.

Rovers will find out who they will face in the third-round in Monday’s draw that takes place on BBC Two.

Next up for Mellon’s men is a Trophy second-round tie against Manchester United U21s at Prenton Park on Wednesday night, 7:45pm kick-off.

TRFC: Davies ©, Caprice, Nelson, Monthe, Ridehalgh, Perkins, Potter (Danns 61), Morris, Hepburn-Murphy, (Jennings 45) Blackett-Taylor, Ferrier (Mullin 74)

Subs: Pilling, Woods, Maddox, Payne,

Attendance: 4,370

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account