Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

10 February 2024 Venue The Eco-Power Stadium Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Doncaster Rovers 2-1 Tranmere Rovers

10 February 2024

Tranmere Rovers fell to a 2-1 defeat on the road, against Doncaster Rovers at the Eco-Power Stadium.

The hosts opened the scoring after 15 minutes after Joe Ironside nodded home from Hakeeb Adelakun’s cross. 

Rovers did level the contest on the hour mark through substitute Josh Hawkes, a curling effort off the inside of the far post. 

However, Doncaster regained the lead quickly when Adelakun rounded Luke McGee and tapped into an empty net, for what proved to be the winner. 

Tranmere almost struck in the opening five minutes. Tom Davies went quick with a free kick down the right channel to Rob Apter. The Rovers winger darted forward and crossed for Connor Jennings, whose header dropped narrowly wide of the far post. 

Both sides enjoyed possession in the early exchanges, with the hosts creating some threatening chances. Adelakun sent in a dangerous ball which Brad Walker was on hand to block behind. 

However, Rovers weren’t able to deal with Adelakun’s next delivery, whipped into the box and guided home by forward Ironside on 15 minutes. 

Charlie Jolley made a crucial headed clearance on the line to deny Doncaster a second, before Rovers began to control possession in the latter stages of the half. Apter was at it again, weaving in and out of red and white shirts before a wicked delivery which somehow missed everyone in the penalty area. 

Regan Hendry fired wide seconds later as the visitors hunted for an equaliser before the break. Jennings took the ball down in the box and, on the volley, forced Thimothée Lo-Tutala into a strong save. 

Rovers set out to start the half well and almost found the leveller when Jennings teed up Apter for a low drive from range, but it was just wide. 

Then, Tranmere made it all square on the hour mark. Hawkes replaced Kieron Morris and quickly made an impact, cutting inside from the left and curling beyond Lo-Tutala. 

However, the lead and didn’t last and Doncaster were back ahead just four minutes later. Owen Bailey sent a long ball over to Adelakun who rounded McGee and tapped into an open net. 

Harvey Saunders almost produced the perfect response off the bench, smashing the post with a volley after latching onto a ball over the top. 

Lo-Tutala produced a good stop to push Apter’s curling effort away as Rovers continued to knock on the door. With the clock ticking down, Hawkes sliced an effort wide from range. 

The Doncaster ‘keeper could count himself lucky not to have conceded in added time, when his kick bounced off Saunders and dropped just wide. 

However, this was the last action of the match and Rovers fell to defeat on the road. 


DONCASTER ROVERS: Lo-Tutala, Sterry, Olowu (Anderson 46’), Wood (c), Molyneux, Bailey, Ironside, Senior, Craig, Waters (Biggins 65’), Adelakun (Hurst 75’) 

SUBS NOT USED: Jones, Maxwell, Broadbent, Goodman 

TRANMERE ROVERS: McGee, O’Connor (J. Norris 83’), Davies (c), Turnbull, Wood, Apter, Walker (McAlear 63’), Hendry, Morris (Hawkes 57’), Jennings, Jolley (Saunders 57’) 

SUBS NOT USED: Murphy, Yarney, Lewis 

ATTENDANCE: 6,389 (884 away) 


This match report is sponsored by Just Click Marketing. 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account