Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

24 February 2024 Venue The Bolt New Lawn Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Forest Green Rovers 1-0 Tranmere Rovers

24 February 2024

Tranmere Rovers were defeated on their travels, 1-0 to Forest Green Rovers at The Bolt New Lawn.

Charlie McCann scored the game’s only goal just before half time, firing past Luke McGee from range. 

Rovers knocked on the door in the second half, and Forest Green were forced to hold on with ten men, after Ryan Inniss was shown a second yellow card. 

Tranmere did welcome the return of Luke Norris, who was introduced to the action on the hour mark following a long-term foot injury. 

It was a quiet first half overall, but the hosts started bright. McCann had a shot blocked by Lee O’Connor before Emmanuel Osadebe fired in a low delivery which missed everyone. 

20 minutes had passed without a proper chance on goal, though Connor Jennings headed wide from a Rob Apter cross. 

Apter then chopped inside of his man and fired a shot on target, which Vicente Reyes tipped away well.  

The winger was back at it a few minutes later. Regan Hendry played a delightful ball wide which Apter took into his stride, running at the Forest Green defence and shooting. His effort took a deflection and was pushed wide by the ‘keeper. 

McGee chipped in with a good save of his own to deny Harvey Bunker from range. However, the hosts were in the lead just before the break as McCann found the corner from distance. 

Reyes was a thorn in the side of Rovers all afternoon and produced another good stop to deny Harvey Saunders ten minutes into the second half. Apter curled a shot over moments later. 

Tranmere continued to knock on the door as L. Norris made his return from injury, skipper Tom Davies seeing his shot from range bobble around before being cleared. 

Forest Green held firm as Rovers desperately hunted for an equaliser. Inniss was shown a second yellow card just before injury time for a late challenge on Jennings in the middle of the pitch. 

Eight minutes of additional time were signalled, and Nigel Adkins’ side had their chances to level. First, Jennings headed over from a Reece McAlear cross. 

Apter rolled an effort wide in the final moments, before Jordan Turnbull had his shot blocked. A flurry of Rovers attempts followed but the ten-man hosts held firm to see out the victory. 


FOREST GREEN ROVERS: Reyes, Inniss, McAllister (Johnson 89’), McCann, Doidge, Moore-Taylor (c), Thompson, Robson (Bernard 63’), Bunker (Holland 63’) (Omotoye 90’), Keogh, Osadebe 

SUBS NOT USED: Searle, Gorrin 

TRANMERE ROVERS: McGee, O’Connor (J. Norris 75’), Davies (c), Turnbull, Wood, Apter, Walker (McAlear 63’), Hendry, Morris (L. Norris 63’), Jennings, Saunders (Hawkes 75’) 

SUBS NOT USED: Murphy, Jolley, Yarney 

ATTENDANCE: 2,308 (558 Tranmere)


This match report is sponsored by Just Click Marketing. 

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account