After joining the the Club on loan this week, we compiled our top ten facts about Jacob Maddox...
Maddox, 20, links up with Micky Mellon’s side for the 2019/20 campaign having spent last term on loan with Cheltenham Town in Sky Bet League Two.
1) Maddox was born in Bristol on 3rd November 1998 and began his career in the youth set-up at hometown club Bristol City.
2) He then moved to Chelsea where he joined the West Londoners’ academy system aged 14 in 2013 and would spend the next five years progressing through the Blues’ youth age groups.
3) Signing a professional contract at Stamford Bridge in 2018, Maddox would be loaned out to Cheltenham Town in the July of that year.
4) Maddox made his professional debut in August 2018 on Sky Bet League Two’s opening day in a fixture against Crawley Town.
5) Featuring 44 times during the campaign, Maddox scored four goals in all competitions for Cheltenham.
6) Maddox has come up against many of his new team-mates before, playing in both games against TRFC.
7) Maddox has featured on eight occasions in the EFL Trophy for Chelsea U23s in the 2016/17 and 2017/18 competitions.
8) Capped by England at youth level, Maddox has represented the Three Lions at U16, U17, U19 and U20.
9) Maddox has tasted success early on in his career, winning the FA Youth Cup with parent club Chelsea in 2016 and 2017 alongside the likes of Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount and Callum Hudson Odoi as well as an U19s European Championship winners’ medal in 2017.
10) Maddox becomes the second Premier League loan signing that TRFC have made this summer following on from Rushian Hepburn-Murphy’s switch to Prenton Park from newly promoted Aston Villa.