Tranmere Rovers made their second signing of the January transfer window with former Premier League striker Ishmael Miller joining Micky Mellon’s side until the end of the season.
Miller, who has a wealth of experience at teams in the Premier League and the Championship, such as Manchester City, West Brom, Nottingham Forest and Huddersfield Town, will be available for selection for this weekend’s game at Cheltenham Town.
We got to know our new centre forward a little bit better, and here are ten quick fire facts about our new man…
- Miller came through the youth system at current Premier League champions Manchester City, making his debut in March 2006 against Wigan Athletic.
- Still only a teenager, Miller went on to play an important role for the Citizens the following season, making 19 appearances spread across three competitions.
- Miller’s potential attracting the interest of Premier League promotion chasers West Brom, and he joined the Baggies on loan before a permanent switch in January 2008.
- The striker scored on his debut for WBA against Preston North End, and went on to score a further 15 goals as they finished champions of the second tier, sealing promotion to the Premier League.
- Two months prior to the promotion to the Premier League, Miller scored a famous hat trick to seal West Brom’s place in the FA Cup semi-finals in a 5-1 win at Bristol Rovers.
- He spent a further two seasons at WBA, one in the Premier League, and one back in the Championship as Miller helped the Midlands side return instantly to the top flight after relegation in 2009.
- Midway through the 2010/11 campaign, Miller joined QPR on. and won his third promotion to the Premier League in four seasons, as Rangers won the Championship title.
- Miller joined Nottingham Forest in the summer of 2011, and also went on to represent Middlesbrough, Yeovil Town, Blackpool and Huddersfield Town in the second tier of English football over a five-year period.
- In recent times, Miller has spent time at North West neighbours Bury and Oldham Athletic.
- Miller played at Tranmere Rovers for Oldham Athletic in November 2017, with the game finishing 1-1 at Prenton Park. He made 18 appearances for Oldham this campaign.