Tranmere Rovers confirmed the signing of experienced midfielder Neil Danns on a free-transfer today.
The 36-year-old links up with Micky Mellon’s men after penning a deal at Prenton Park having represented Bury last season.
Below, you can find out the top 10 facts on TRFC’s new recruit.
1. Born in Liverpool on 23rd November 1982, Danns began his playing career in the youth set-up of Blackburn Rovers and went on to turn professional at Ewood Park.
2. Early in his career, Danns was loaned to Blackpool, Hartlepool United and Colchester United, moving permanently to the latter in 2004.
3. It was at Colchester where he earned his first promotion, as the Essex club finished runners-up behind Southend United in League One back in 2005/06.
4. After two-years and 63 appearances for Colchester, Danns departed to sign for Birmingham City in June 2006 for a fee of £500,000.
5. Danns was in the Second City for two seasons, playing over 30 times for the Blues in the Premier League.
6. In 2008, the Merseyside-native moved to the capital to switch to Crystal Palace, and over four-years at Selhurst Park, Danns featured on 103 occasions for the Eagles.
7. After Palace, his next switch was to Leicester City in 2011, with loans away from the King Power Stadium spent on the books of Bristol City, Huddersfield Town and Bolton Wanderers.
8. Danns’ Bolton loan paved the way for a permanent transfer to the Trotters in July 2014, where he made over a century of appearances before leaving in 2016.
9. He has tasted promotion success from Sky Bet League Two, twice over the past three-seasons. Firstly, with Blackpool in 2017, prior to Bury in 2019.
10. Danns has won 12 caps at international level for Guyana and featured in their 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup campaign