Tranmere Rovers are looking to hire a motivated and practical senior grounds manager, who will act as an advisor to the club, co-ordinate and direct the grounds team, as well as some hands-on delivery of the pitch maintenance programs and preparation of the pitches.
Working part-time FTE £25,000, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing the pitch maintenance programs for all TRFC pitches, and directing their delivery by the wider team. They will also be involved in devising the end-of-season pitch renovations, ensuring machinery remains serviced and in working order, and overall delivering high quality playing surfaces.
Applicants must hold an NVQ L3 in Sports Turf Management, a valid drivers licence, and have experience of working with professional sports pitches.
There is also the opportunity for full time hours for the right candidate.
The Senior Grounds Manager/Advisor will be responsible for the planning and coordination of pitch maintenance and improvement at both Prenton Park and The Campus. You will manage the grounds team to deliver the highest quality playing surfaces and work flexibly due to the first team commitments.
The roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Presentation of all pitches across Prenton Park and The Campus to the highest standard for matches and training schedules;
- Carrying out and/or directing general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations;
- Directing general grounds maintenance at both sites i.e. weeding and watering of flower beds and boarders around fences at the Campus and front of Prenton Park and watering of plant pots in the Director’s Car Park etc.
- Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard;
- Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard;
- Maintaining and creating relationships with key suppliers;
- Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers;
- Liaising with the Asset Manager frequently to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
- Adhering to budgets for all aspects of work undertaken
- Liaising with suppliers to order products and services where required;
- Provide advice and support for the Club to develop an external “grounds maintenance” business.
- Managing and upskilling the teams to ensure that they are capable of carrying out their duties in an efficient manner and to an acceptable standard;
- Providing support and training to apprentices and under skilled staff;
- Be available for the required training as prescribed by the football club.
Any other reasonable duties as required and directed by your Line Manager or Managing Director.
Requirements for the post:
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent Qualification;
- Experience in working on professional sports pitches;
- Drivers Licence
- PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates are desirable;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards;
Able to work effectively and also independently using own initiative.
Job Type: Part-time
- working with professional sports pitches: 1 year (Required)
- A-Level or equivalent (Required)
- UK Driving Licence (Required)