Get to know Rovers’ new recruit by reading up on top ten facts about Vaughan, 32, below.
1) Vaughan was born in Birmingham on 14th July 1988 and started his senior career at Everton after coming through the Toffees youth set-up.
2) Vaughan made his debut in Everton’s fixture against Crystal Palace at Goodison Park in April 2005.
3) In that game, at the of 16-years and 271 days, he overtook James Milner and Wayne Rooney as the youngest player to score in the Premier League, making it a debut to remember in a 4-0 victory.
4) Vaughan played a total of 60 times for Everton under David Moyes, which included loans at Derby County, Leicester City and Crystal Palace before he signed for Norwich City permanently in 2011.
5) He found himself loaned to Huddersfield in 2012, where 14 goals in 37 appearances convinced the Terriers to sign him on a permanent basis in July 2013, going onto turn out 95 times for the club.
6) Vaughan was on the move to Birmingham City prior to switching to Bury, where 24 goals in 37 games during 2016/17 saw Sunderland sig him for £500,000 in the summer of 2017.
7) Wigan Athletic was Vaughan’s next destination in January 2018, signing for the Latics in an undisclosed fee – winning the Sky Bet League One title months later.
8) Spells at Portsmouth, where he collected an EFL Trophy winners’ medal as they beat Sunderland at Wembley in March 2019, and Bradford City followed.
9) Vaughan, capped by England at U17, U19 and U21 level, has scored 11 goals in Sky Bet League Two for the Bantams last term, captaining the Valley Parade outfit before his loan spell at TRFC.
10) He scored three goals in his last four appearances for TRFC before the season halted.