Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Tranmere 0-0 Bristol Rovers

11 February 2020

Match Reports

Tranmere 0-0 Bristol Rovers

11 February 2020

Tranmere Rovers played out a 0-0 draw against Bristol Rovers on Tuesday night at Prenton Park.

Both teams had chances to win the game but neither could find the break through as the points were shared.

Manager Micky Mellon made two changes from the last game against Portsmouth. Jake Caprice and Liam Ridehalgh returned to the starting line up as Callum Woods and Kane Wilson missed out through injury.

Sid Nelson returned to the substitutes bench for the game, which also included Neil Danns after he sustained a head injury in the clash against Pompey.

Meanwhile the visitors named former TRFC man Josh Ginnelly amongst their substitutes, with the winger on loan from Championship promotion hopefuls Preston North End.  

The first chance fell to the visitors with two minutes on the clock. A switched pass from left to right caught TRFC off guard as Jayden Mitchell-Lawson took aim from inside the box, flying wide of the mark.

The second opening came the Gas away again just after the ten minute mark. A free kick was excellently head away by George Ray for a corner. From the resulting kick,  Alex Rodman hit the side netting from a promising angle.

Tranmere were withstanding some pressure from the visitors, as they again went close to the opener when skipper Scott Davies made a good save to his left from Jonson Clarke-Harris.

An injury to Ray resulted in Sid Nelson coming on in his place with 20 minutes played.

A first opportunity for Tranmere Rovers came seconds later, Andy Cook effort deflected wide for a corner.

Both teams had half chances but the whistle blew with the score 0-0.

Into the second period, winger Kieron Morris took range from the edge of the penalty box to test on loan Chelsea goalkeeper Jamal Blackman.

TRFC looked to gain momentum after the chance as Blackett-Taylor tame shot was saved before Cook colleges over the bar from a James Vaughan cross a minute later.

But the best chance of the game came to the visitors with 18 to play as skipper Ed Upson rattled the crossbar with a stunning strike from 25-yards.

However, neither team was unable to break the deadlock and the score finished 0-0.

TRFC: Davies, Caprice, Ray (Nelson 22), Monthe, Ridehalgh, Morris, Woodyard, McCullough, Blackett-Taylor, Vaughan (Ferrier 67), Cook. Unused subs: Pilling, Gilmour, Jennings, Perkins, Danns. 

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account