Tranmere Rovers are recruiting for the role of Youth Physiotherapist. Applications must be sent to TimR@tranmererovers.co.uk by Thursday 22nd October.
Job title: Youth Physiotherapist
Job role: To assess player injuries, provide appropriate treatment and rehabilitation programmes and provide injury prevention programmes for scholars and centre of development.
Responsible to & directed by: First Team Physiotherapist
Liaison with: Football Department and Centre of Development
- Plan and provide injury prevention programmes for all Academy players.
- Ensure adequate physiotherapy or sports therapist cover provided for competitive fixtures of the Academy and Centre of Development.
- To maintain appropriate liaison with necessary staff. Accountable for day to day communication with Head of Academy / Youth Team Manager and reporting
- Alongside coaching staff help, as needed, to organise Sports Science testing and sessions for all Academy players
- Feedback to relevant coaching staff with the results of Sports Science testing and discuss findings where applicable within the wider multidisciplinary team
- To assess with the with club doctor/head physiotherapist on all players regarding fitness and injury status. This may involve assessment/discussion with players and their family doctors
- Provide and use the appropriate medical equipment as necessary
- Provide the appropriate range and quantity of treatments utilising current literature
- Provide medical support and input to the players, and where appropriate staff and officials of the club
- Assess players re fitness and injury status and decide on players’ fitness to train and play
- Plan treatment programmes, in conjunction with the other physiotherapist(s), for injured players and advice the suitable member of coaching staff for player’s availability to train and play
- Coordinate/provide medical education to the players in terms of nutrition, injuries and doping matters
- Arrange and undertake appropriate medical examinations for players, this should include pre-signing medicals (with appropriate liaison with additional staff) annual checks and additional investigations
- Organise and conduct further investigations and consultant appointments where needed
- Inform medical insurance when additional medical investigations are required
- Provide competent pitch-side first aid to all players at the club where necessary
- To provide pre-habilitation and strength and conditioning sessions for all ages
- To generate individual training programmes for all players and teach them how to carry them out
- To attend staff meetings as required
- To attend games as required
- To be aware of current trends and best practice in Youth Development
- To continually look for ways to develop and improve our coaching programme in the Academy
- All aspects of the role should be bound by professional confidentially
- To maintain a professional manner at all times whilst representing the club
Essential requirements for the post:
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy or higher degree
- Membership of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
- Appropriate First Aid Course (FA AREA course/ATMMiF)
- Appropriate child protection/Disclosure certification
- UK Full Driving Licence
- The role will involve working weekdays, weekends and some evenings as required
- To be aware of the EPPP rules and requirements relating to the Academy
- Maintenance on contemporary, legible and appropriate medical records, audits, registers and their confidential storage using appropriate software
£23,000-£25,000 per annum dependent on experience
Applicants should send an up to date CV to TimR@tranmererovers.co.uk. The closing date for applications is Thursday 22nd October.