Tranmere Rovers Football Club are supporting England captain and Tottenham striker, Harry Kane, football journalist and influencer Amy Christophers and influencer and podcast host Harry Pinero, who have joined forces to launch this year’s Football Shirt Friday. The stars are encouraging fans nationwide to take part on Friday 19 November by wearing their favourite football shirt, sharing a selfie and donating £5 to the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK to tackle bowel cancer.
Bobby Moore, the World-Cup winning England captain, died of bowel cancer in 1993. Shortly after, his widow Stephanie Moore MBE set up the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK to fund world-class research and awareness projects to tackle bowel cancer. Since it began, the fund has raised over £28.5m for bowel cancer research.
Join the squad united against bowel cancer and wear your favourite football shirt, share on social media and donate £5 to the Bobby Moore Fund this 19 November.
To donate £5 to the Bobby Moore Fund, go to footballshirtfriday.org or text SHIRT to 70180
Join the conversation on Twitter using @BobbyMooreFund or on Facebook at OfficialBobbyMooreFund
Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464) and Scotland (SCO41666) and the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
About the Bobby Moore Fund
- The Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK raises vital funds for research into bowel cancer and increases public awareness of the disease
- The Fund was set up by Stephanie Moore MBE in memory of her husband, footballer Bobby Moore, after his death from the disease in 1993, at just 51
- Over the past 28 years, the Bobby Moore Fund has raised over £28.5 million towards bowel cancer research
- 45 people die as a result of bowel cancer every day in the UK
- For more information visit www.bobbymoorefund.org
- Football Shirt Friday 2021 is in association with the Professional Footballers Association and talkSPORT