This Sunday, Tranmere Rovers Football Club will host an Open Day at Prenton Park ahead of the 2021/22 season with lots of activities planned for all ages.
We can now confirm a full itinerary for the day, and we can’t wait to see you all this weekend…
12pm – 1pm
- Tranmere Rovers Bake Off returns! We want you to bake your own cake and enter in our competition, with the winner selected by manager, Micky Mellon. Your cake design can be at your own discretion, and we ask all entries to be submitted by 1pm and dropped off at the Fan Park, with Micky judging at 1.30pm. All cakes will be then be cut and sold to help raise funds for Tranmere Rovers in the Community
- Our new accessible lift will be officially opened by Tranmere Rovers Disabled Supporters Association, Mark Palios and Nicola Palios. The unveiling will happen at the Iain Muir Lounge entrance
- Find out what happens behind the scenes at Tranmere Rovers. In the Ray Mathias Lounge, Liam Hutchinson (Head Groundsman), Andy Hodgen (Head of Medicine and Sports Science) and Maddy McCavana (First Team Physiotherapist) will be giving an insight into their day-to-day jobs and the important roles they all play at the Club
1pm – 1.30pm
- Chairman Mark Palios will be providing an update regarding Club matters both on and off the pitch, alongside answering your questions. This will take place in the Ian Muir Lounge.
1.30pm – 2pm
- In the Recreation Centre, located behind the Argyle Satellite Taxis KOP Stand, Tranmere Rovers in the Community will be hosting a turn up and play session, a great opportunity for the SWA2 to get involved to play a game of football!
2pm – 2.30pm
- Tranmere Rovers’ official first team squad photo will take place in front of the KOP. We want as many in attendance at the Open Day to join us at 2pm to take a seat in the KOP, behind the team, and be involved in the squad photos. Tranmere Rovers staff members will be in position in the KOP concourse and in the stand to help direct people.
2.30pm – 3.30pm
- After the first team photo has taken place, the squad will swiftly move to the Bebington Paddock for a signing session and your chance to meet the players who will represent Tranmere Rovers during the 2021/22 season.
3pm - 3.30pm
- Tranmere Rovers in the Community will host their second turn up and play session of the day in the Recreation Centre
- Open Day closes.
There will also be events running throughout the day alongside the key events, detailed above. Please see below…
- Stadium tours will be taking place throughout the day and will start from the KOP/Bebbington Paddock turnstiles. This is your perfect opportunity to see behind the scenes at Prenton Park, from the Control Room, to the first team dressing rooms and the new artwork in the Joshuas Jewellers Johnny King Stand.
- Our Cowsheds Catering airstream trailer will be selling their premium and delicious food in the Directors car park, located in front of the Club Store. Also in attendance are German Kraft Beer, selling their refreshing product in the Fan Park.
- Plans for our new Fan Park two project will be visible from the current Fan Park.
- Our brand-new Lottery will be launching, with information available from the Fan Park. Further details to follow..
- In partnership with Wirral Borough Council, a walk in Covid-19 vaccination centre will be in place in the main car park at Prenton Park.
- Rover the Dog will be in attendance at the Open Day! If you spot Rover, make sure you say hello!
- In the Recreation Centre, you can find out how Tranmere Rovers in the Community and the Club responded to Covid-19 pandemic and made a positive impact on many peoples lives in Wirral, plus details on further important work our official charity does on a daily basis.
- Also, in the Recreation Centre, you can learn about our new 3G facility at the Campus, which is due to open in September for external bookings, and our Beechwood Recreation facility, which is now under Tranmere Rovers management.
- The Ian Muir Lounge is available to visit, with information available on how you can book an event at Tranmere Rovers.
- In the Boardroom, we will have information regarding a number of job vacancies we have available, including an opportunity to meet our Supporter Liaison team, and they can answer any questions you have regarding season tickets or general enquires.
- Tranmere Rovers are the first football club to team up with North West Ambulance Services to launch the new First Responder Recruitment Campaign and offer free defibrillator training for all supporters. Please visit the Private Boxes, located in the Main Stand for further information.
- The Ray Mathias Lounge is transformed during the week into a Business Hub, allowing people the opportunity to work from the stadium, rather than working from home or your regular place of work. Full details about this excellent opportunity available on Sunday at the Open Day.