Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

28 November 2023 Venue One Call Stadium Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Reports

Match Report: Mansfield Town 2-2 Tranmere Rovers

28 November 2023

Tranmere Rovers made it four league games unbeaten, with a 2-2 draw at Mansfield Town.

The visitors led twice, firstly through Charlie Jolley who raced through from a Harvey Saunders pass to finish below Christy Pym. 

The Stags equalised as Rhys Oates turned the ball home before half time, though Rovers were back in the lead in the 62nd minute as Rob Apter scored his fifth of the campaign with a calm finish. 

Will Swan brought the hosts level again via a deflection with ten to play, and Jordan Turnbull saw red for a second bookable offence in added time as Nigel Adkins’ side battled to successfully take home a point. 

Tranmere went closest early on. Apter teed up Brad Walker from the edge, whose shot was comfortable for Pym, and Kieron Morris curled over. 

The visitors were in front after 12 minutes, though. Saunders took the ball down and fed Jolley with a precise through pass. The forward raced through and fired low beyond the ‘keeper. 

Apter had a couple of chances as Tranmere looked to double their advantage. He first curled a shot into the gloves of Pym, before volleying over from range when a free kick was headed into his path. 

Mansfield began to grow into the half, and captain Aden Flint had a fantastic chance to level with a free header from a corner, but his effort dropped wide. 

Oates drilled wide as the clock ticked to 30. Rovers countered shortly afterwards but Pym denied Saunders one-on-one with a terrific double save. 

Oates then brought the hosts level in the 37th minute. Jordan Bowery charged down the right and squared for the forward who made no mistake from close range, surrounded by a sea of yellow and white shirts. 

Luke McGee was alert to deny Davis Keillor-Dunn as the half-time whistle sounded. When play resumed, Tranmere were back on the front foot and soon back in the lead. Walker linked up with Apter again, playing a through ball into the winger. The Blackpool loanee turned inside and found the corner with a low effort for his fifth goal of the season. 

Mansfield attempted to hit back straight away, as Oates cut onto his left football and curled just wide of the far corner. 

Swan entered the action and headed over from a corner, before McGee turned behind a good effort from Ollie Clarke in the box. 

The hosts, however, found their second equaliser of the evening with ten minutes to play. Swan let fly from the edge of the box, and a deflection guided the ball into the net. 

Rovers soaked up pressure from the Stags in the latter stages. Aaron Lewis curled just over with a free kick in injury time, before Turnbull was sent off for a second bookable offence. 

Manager Adkins introduced Joe Yarney and Jean Belehouan to solidify the back-line in his absence, and got through to full time with a point to take back to the Wirral. 


MANSFIELD TOWN: Pym, Akins, Bowery (Johnson 77’), Macdonald (Cargill 77’), Flint, Lewis, Quinn (Clarke 69’), Oates, Brunt, Reed (Swan 69’), Keillor-Dunn (Maris 64’) 

SUBS NOT USED: Flinders, Williams 

TRANMERE ROVERS: McGee, O’Connor, Davies, Turnbull, Wood (Leake 46’), Apter (McAlear 84’), Walker, Hendry, Morris (Belehouan 90’), Saunders (Yarney 90’), Jolley (Taylor 84’) 

SUBS NOT USED: Robson, Hawkes 

ATTENDANCE: 6,421 (187 away) 


This match report is sponsored by Just Click Marketing

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account