Right-back Kane Wilson became Tranmere Rovers’ 12th summer signing in a six-month loan deal from West Bromwich Albion on Friday.
The 19-year-old links up at Prenton Park until January and adds to Micky Mellon’s defensive options.
Get to know Kane by checking out 10 facts about TRFC’s new loan recruit.
1) Wilson was born on 11th March 2000 in Birmingham and came through the youth system at West Brom, joining the Baggies as a child.
2) He made his competitive first-team debut for Albion aged 16 in an EFL Cup tie away at Northampton Town in August 2016 coming on as a 70th minute substitute, coming on in place of Brendan Galloway.
3) Going onto make a further two appearances in the EFL Trophy for the U23 side against Millwall and Gillingham, the following campaign would see Wilson experience regular senior football.
4) Signing for Exeter City of Sky Bet League Two in August 2017, Wilson featured on 22 occasions for the Grecians at St James Park, scoring the one goal in a 2-1 victory over Barnet.
5) Wilson would return to his native Midlands for his next loan move, which saw him spend time at Walsall before a move back to Exeter.
6) He made 20 appearances for Walsall in the first half of 2018/19 – playing in a Carabao Cup tie at Prenton Park against Tranmere in August 2018.
7) Wilson would play against Rovers again while back on loan with Exeter, featuring in TRFC’s 1-0 win in March.
8) In total, he made 17 league appearances for the Devon outfit in his second stint with Exeter City.
9) Wilson is an England youth international having been capped at U16 and U17 level for the Three Lions.
10) The teenager becomes TRFC’s fourth loan arrival after Jordan Ponticelli, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy and Jacob Maddox.