Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match Report: Yeovil Town 0-0 Tranmere Rovers

21 October 2018

Match Reports

Match Report: Yeovil Town 0-0 Tranmere Rovers

21 October 2018

Tranmere stretched their unbeaten run to five games in Sky Bet League Two after a stalemate against Yeovil Town.

Micky Mellon was forced into one change before the game with Adam Buxton missing out due to a back problem, resulting in Ritchie Sutton’s return to league action for the first time in nine weeks with Manny Monthe moving to left back.

Rovers started the game brightly, Connor Jennings playing a neat one two with Ollie Banks but could only drag his volley wide of the mark.

Yeovil’s first opportunity came on eight minutes. The long throw of Dickenson was flicked on by Fisher, forcing Davies to take no chances and tip the ball over his bar.

It was a game of little chances with Tranmere’s next chance coming on the half an hour mark. Jonny Smith with a jinxing run down the left wing, cut back to Gilmour who crossed towards the head of Banks, however, he couldn’t quite get the required connection to trouble the Yeovil goalkeeper.

The second half was a similar story to the first half. This time it was Yeovil who came out of the traps the quickest with Monthe doing very well to deal with an in swinging cross at the back post.

Then on 56 minutes, Olomola had a clear sight of goal on the edge of the area but could only find the terracing behind Davies’ goal.

Rovers’ first chance of the second half came shortly after. Jonny Smith running at his full back and crossing with his right foot to Norwood who couldn’t divert his on volley on target from a difficult angle.

On 70 minutes, Yeovil had their best chance of the game. A pinpoint cross from the right fell to Arquin inside the six yard box but his swing completely missed with the ball going out for a goal kick.

The next chance would come right in the dying minutes of the game. James Norwood found space just inside the box with only the keeper to beat but he could only find the grateful arms of Baxter with the referee blowing the final whistle just moments after.

Rovers took a well-earned point in Somerset with another long trip to Forest Green on Tuesday night look to continue their current form.

Tranmere Rovers: Davies, Caprice, McNulty, Sutton, Monthe, Smith (Cole 65’) Banks, Gilmour (Mullin 60’) McCullough (Harris 90’) Jennings, Norwood

Unused Subs: George, Ellis, Mottley-Henry

Attendance: 3,007 with 387 SWA


Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account